Okay... I am amazed at all the delightful, beautiful projects posted by quilters and artisans out there on the blog world. I want to start everything ... Here are a few of the ongoing projects and BOMs:
1. 2-in Cakestand block craze from Temecula Quilt blog post. I love these little basket blocks so much so that I finished 40 blocks in a day and half instead of piecing a block every day in July. Once you are on the roll, you don't wanna stop... Oops... Don''t you hate when you run out of background fabric? I will have to check at my favorite local quilt shop for more fabric otherwise, 40 will be it...!
2. 2013 Designer Mystery BOM from Fat Quarter - I decided at the last minute to add this project to quilt projects... and just love it. I finished block 2 but only have a photo from the first month.
3. Sue Spargo BOM - Just love all my little birdies... I love her projects and creativity with cotton, wool, linen, silk, chenille and all the creative stitching. Now ... all I need to save up for one of her creative classes (like one of her classes in Italy would be fabulous!)
4. Civil War Melodies 2013- When I started this project, I didn't like the fabric thinking it wouldn't work for the quilt blocks. Immediately I started thinking about substitutes.... for each block however, I decided not change out of fabric trusting the designers. Now... It is one of favorite ongoing projects! I am so excited once I start pulling it all together. I know I wouldn't have bought several of the fabrics in this line but I am amazed that it really works with the quilt block.
4. Civil War Sampler by Barbara Brackman - another favorite...
5. And... many others BOM and UFOs... It is insanity but I love all the bloggers inspiring me to add more 'projects' into my life! UFOs... The Japanese Taupe Quilt project is still ongoing... a slow progress but I hope to finish it this year :0)